All youth wrestlers should adhere to these rules to help practice run smoothly.
- Go to the bathroom. No restroom breaks at practice.
- Pack headgear, wrestling shoes, and water. Headgear and wrestling shoes must be worn at practice. Wrestling shoes should only be worn on the wrestling mat - NOT OUTDOORS - this keeps the mats clean.
- BE ON TIME . This means enough time to get your shoes on and be ready to go before practice starts.
- RESPECT. We do not tease or bully others.
- LISTEN. We cannot be repeating directions 3 & 4 times. When Coaches are talking - No one else is talking.
- VISUALIZE. Picture yourself doing the moves the coaches are showing.
- REPEAT. Repeat the moves the coaches show. Start slow.
- PARTNER. A wrestler is only as good as his drill partner, so be a good one.
- HUSTLE. Many matches are won by out hustling your opponents and all matches are won by hustling in the wrestling practice room
- NO Leaving the wrestling room without coaches permission.
- Take a shower as soon as you get home
- Treat any cuts or scrapes with medicine. Stop small problems from becoming big ones.
- Any skin rashes should be reported to the coaches immediately.
- Check and cut your nails.
- Pack headgear, wrestling shoes, and water. Wear your team swag gear "Team Shirt"
- Get your wrestling shoes after you weigh-in or check-in.
- Drill your moves during warm-up time.
- Warm-up before every wrestling match
- Wrestle hard - HUSTLE
- Never quit - many wrestlers have come back and won.
- Listen to your coaches.